The AAS degree program in Hospitality Management provides students with a solid foundation in theory and current practices of the hospitality industry as well as a core of liberal arts and science courses that will prepare students for flexible career development. This degree focuses on one of the fastest growing industries in the world: hospitality, to include focus areas in food and restaurant operations, lodging industry operations, events management, and tourism.
This hospitality management degree program prepares students for first employment at a supervisory level, or continuation onto a bachelor of hospitality management degree. The program includes a 160 hour externship program in the four most important departments of a hotel; concierge, front desk, events planning, and night audit.
Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Students will demonstrate broad knowledge of and proficiency in the core functional and support areas of hospitality businesses.
- Know effective cost control methods and cost-saving techniques for hospitality services.
- Plan menus and purchase, cost, and price product for profit.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of hotel front office management and hospitality industry marketing.
- Operate as an entry level supervisor in operational departments within the hospitality industry.
- Exhibit solid work ethics, good inter-personal communications, cultural awareness, and teamwork skills.